World Marine Service is an independent ship agent acting with our customers as our main priority, ensuring no conflict of interest and the best service for our customers. Our head office control all port calls throughout the region giving you a central point of contact with up to the minute information regarding the status of your vessels. A port status report can be provided twice a day detailing weather conditions, congestion and delays.
Gibraltar is positioned in a key geographical location, with all the required services readily available to act as a maritime centre of excellence. Of particular interest is our Off Port Limits offering with a no delay, no deviation promise (weather permitting) for any spares, stores, crew changes and cash to master deliveries in a smooth, professional manner (see diagram). Repairs and dry docking in Gibraltar is also a key offer, where excellent local contacts and quality sourcing are paramount for an on-time departure.
Gibraltar boasts the following capabilities for the shipping industry:
- Bunkering – All grades of fuel delivered at anchorage or quayside
- Repairs / maintenance / conversion – 3 dry docks ranging in length from 154 meters to 272 meters supported by 10 cranes, with shipyard berthing including a 300 meter main wharf and a 435 meter mole.
- Off Port Limits services causing no delay or vessel diversions (No Port clearance so vessels do not come off charter)
- Ship arrest specialist port
WMS can offer the following standard services and more as part of our ship agency offer:
- Bunker coordination
- Cash to master
- Crew change arrangements
- Meet & greet
- Crew medical assistance
- Launch coordination service
- Spare parts logistics (first mile to last mile, globally, if required) and customs clearance
- Class and Flag surveyors
- Charts and publications
- Slops / used battery disposal / general waste disposal
- Fresh water at berth or at anchorage
- Lubricant delivery at anchorage or quayside
- Hull cleaning / propeller polishing
- Bonded goods / provisions / chandlery
- Repatriation / medevac / urgent spare parts transfer with our in house private jet division
If it’s not here then ask – impossible is nothing!